Get ready for This year’s Casey Classic to be held 12/26/2016 to 12/30/2016!
All Varsity teams are welcome to participate. The preliminary schedule will be as follows:
- 12/26 – 12/28 — Preliminary Rounds
- 12/29 – Semi-Finals
- 12/30 – Championship Game
This is a great opportunity for out-of-town family to come and check out a game!
Note that there is a small admission fee for spectators for the preliminary rounds and semi-finals.
- Adults: $3
- Students: $2
For the championship game at the Mohegan Sun Arena, there will be a $14 entrance fee. Tickets are available for purchase at the Penguins Store or the Arena Box Office.
- Teams will arrive between 3 and 3:30pm at the East Gate
- Game will start at 4pm
- Referees will change in Postgame Interview Room across from Penguins Coaches Offices
- Home Team will change in Tourney Room A (across from Penguins Locker Room)
- Road Team will need pipe and drape setup for changing in area outside of visitors locker room
- Will need scoreboard and clock operational (teams will provide operator)
- Will need PA operational (announcing goals/penalties only – no music)
- No ice cuts during intermissions.
- Fans will need a ticket to the Penguins game that night for admittance to the high school game.
- Fans can be seated in center ice sections 103-105
Casey Classic Standings
Casey Classic Game Rules
- 3 points for a win
- 1 1/2 points for a tie
- 1 point for a shutout
- 1 point for winning period
- 1 point for 4 or less Penalties in a game
- 0 points for 5-9 Penalties in a game
- Minus 1 point for 10 or more Penalties in a game
- 15:00 minute periods – No Running Clock
- Time between periods is 1 minute
- There is no running clock due to the format that awards points for every period.
- However, If both coaches agree, running clock can be used if one team is ahead by 6 or more goals and has a 2 goal lead for that period. Note both coaches must agree. Once running clock is started it cannot be turned off.
- Running clock may be used in the final game if one team leads by 6 or more goals at any time in the third period. The deficit must be reduced to 4 for the running clock to stop and go back to normal timekeeping rules.
- In the event of a tie in the standings the – Tie Breaker will be done as follows:
( 1 ) The winner of the game between the two teams ( 2 ) Least goals against average ( 3 ) Least penalty minutes All NEPASHL rules and USA Hockey rules shall apply. Any suspensions received prior to the Casey Classic will be carried over into the Casey Classic and any suspensions received during the Casey Classic will be carried over into League play.
Only used in semi-final and final games
5 minute five on five overtime If game still tied, 5 person shoot out If still tied after 5 person shoot, Sudden death 1 player from each team shoot out. No player may repeat until ever eligible member of his team has shot Team with fewest number of shooters resets both teams after their players have shot
Final Game – if time permits **
10 minute five on five overtime If still tied (if time permits **), 5 minute three on three overtime If still tied, 5 person shoot out If still tied after 5 person shoot, Sudden death 1 player from each team shoot out. No player may repeat until ever eligible member of his team has shot Team with fewest number of shooters resets both teams after their players have shot ** if time permits means that we have a limited amount of ice time at the arena. All overtime must be completed by 5:50 PM so that there is enough time for the shoot out if necessary. Over time playing time will be calculated based on 1/2 the time of the time remaining until 5:50 PM.
If someone out there is good with creating logos, it would be nice to have one that can be used for this tournament every year. Contact us if you are interested.
Casey Classic 2016