This is a great opportunity for out-of-town family to come and check out a game!
Note that there is a small admission fee for spectators for the preliminary rounds and semi-finals.
- Adults: $TBD
- Students: $TBD
Casey Classic Game Rules
*** 2016 rules below -- subject to change for 2017 ***
- 3 points for a win
- 1 1/2 points for a tie
- 1 point for a shutout
- 1 point for winning period
- 1 point for 4 or less Penalties in a game
- 0 points for 5-9 Penalties in a game
- Minus 1 point for 10 or more Penalties in a game
- 15:00 minute periods - No Running Clock
- Time between periods is 1 minute
- There is no running clock due to the format that awards points for every period.
- However, If both coaches agree, running clock can be used if one team is ahead by 6 or more goals and has a 2 goal lead for that period. Note both coaches must agree. Once running clock is started it cannot be turned off.
- Running clock may be used in the final game if one team leads by 6 or more goals at any time in the third period. The deficit must be reduced to 4 for the running clock to stop and go back to normal timekeeping rules.
- In the event of a tie in the standings the - Tie Breaker will be done as follows:
Final Game - if time permits **
All overtime must be completed by 7:00 PM so that there is enough time for the shoot out if necessary.
Over time playing time will be calculated based on 1/2 the time of the time remaining until 7:00 PM.
If someone out there is good with creating logos, it would be nice to have one that can be used for this tournament every year. Contact us if you are interested.