Get ready for This year's Casey Classic to be held 12/26/2016 to 12/30/2016!
All Varsity teams are welcome to participate. The preliminary schedule will be as follows:
- 12/26 - 12/28 -- Preliminary Rounds
- 12/29 - Semi-Finals
- 12/30 - Championship Game
This is a great opportunity for out-of-town family to come and check out a game!
Note that there is a small admission fee for spectators for the preliminary rounds and semi-finals.
- Adults: $3
- Students: $2
For the championship game at the Mohegan Sun Arena, there will be a $14 entrance fee. Tickets are available for purchase at the Penguins Store or the Arena Box Office.
- Teams will arrive between 3 and 3:30pm at the East Gate
- Game will start at 4pm
- Referees will change in Postgame Interview Room across from Penguins Coaches Offices
- Home Team will change in Tourney Room A (across from Penguins Locker Room)
- Road Team will need pipe and drape setup for changing in area outside of visitors locker room
- Will need scoreboard and clock operational (teams will provide operator)
- Will need PA operational (announcing goals/penalties only – no music)
- No ice cuts during intermissions.
- Fans will need a ticket to the Penguins game that night for admittance to the high school game.
- Fans can be seated in center ice sections 103-105
Casey Classic Game Rules
- 3 points for a win
- 1 1/2 points for a tie
- 1 point for a shutout
- 1 point for winning period
- 1 point for 4 or less Penalties in a game
- 0 points for 5-9 Penalties in a game
- Minus 1 point for 10 or more Penalties in a game
- 15:00 minute periods - No Running Clock
- Time between periods is 1 minute
- There is no running clock due to the format that awards points for every period.
- However, If both coaches agree, running clock can be used if one team is ahead by 6 or more goals and has a 2 goal lead for that period. Note both coaches must agree. Once running clock is started it cannot be turned off.
- Running clock may be used in the final game if one team leads by 6 or more goals at any time in the third period. The deficit must be reduced to 4 for the running clock to stop and go back to normal timekeeping rules.
- In the event of a tie in the standings the - Tie Breaker will be done as follows:
Final Game - if time permits **
If someone out there is good with creating logos, it would be nice to have one that can be used for this tournament every year. Contact us if you are interested.